Vegan Oreo Chocolate Tiffins
OH MY YUM
These are the naughtiest sweet treats I have ever made. You know sometimes you eat a vegan sweet treat and you can tell that it’s a bit health? Like it was made out of an avocado or something? These are pure sugar, gooey and not a bit healthy. Just the way we like it.
Vegan baking is an area that’s still a bit hit and miss for me. I don’t have an oven in my current flat, so I’m always looking to rustle up a quick and easy no-bake. And man can I tell you, this is the no-bake tray of all no-bakes.
I wanted to add gelatine-free marshmallows to these, but I couldn’t find any in my local supermarket. So if you’re making them, have a hunt for some cruelty-free ‘mallows and let us know how you get on.
For the base
1 ½ pack Oreos
4 tbsp maple syrup
50g cocoa powder
2 large handfuls of raisins
200g dairy free butter
1 tsp coconut oil
For the topping
300g dark chocolate
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp peanut butter
1. Add the dairy free butter, maple syrup, coconut oil and cocoa powder to a medium size pan and warm through on a low heat.
2. While it’s melting, take a rolling pin to your oreos and crush them up. Don’t get too carried away here, it’s good to have some large and medium size pieces in there.
3. Once the butter mixture has melted, add the crushed oreos and raisins and mix it all around so that everything’s covered. Huff in that delicious chocolatey smell.
4. Add the mixture to a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and stick it in the fridge for 30 minutes to solidify.
5. While your tray bake is chilling, we’re going to make the topping. Bring a pan of water to the boil and place a bowl on top. Break up the chocolate into small-ish pieces and leave to melt in the bowl.
6. Add a tablespoon of coconut oil and two tablespoons of peanut butter and mix it all together.
7. Whip out the chilled tray and pour the glistening melted chocolate all over that bad boy.
8. Pop it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
9. Cut into slices and enjoy!