I could eat this avocado and kidney bean pitta creation forever. Seriously. It's versatile, filling and delicious. Ideal for a 'working-from-home' lunch or for an energy boost after a gym session. And it takes just 10 minutes to prepare.
Glug olive oil
1/2 can kidney beans in water
2 gloves garlic
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garam masala
salt / pepper
2 dollops Alpro natural yoghurt
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Drain the kidney beans and rinse. Add to pan and heat through for 6-7 minutes.
2. Add to the kidney beans a few pinches of salt, pepper, the garam masala, paprika and cumin. Stir through.
3. Pit the avocado and roughly chop with a few pinches of salt.
4. Finely chop two gloves of garlic. Add one clove to the pan, mash the other into the avocado.
5. Toast the pitta bread.
6. Once the kidney beans are heated through, add kidney beans as a base layer to the pitta. Top with the avocado, two dollops of yoghurt, and some chilli flakes for additional heat.